Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Communists at the Inaugural Concert!

I was happy to see Pete Seeger at he Inaugural Concert (with the Boss in tow), singing all of the verses of This Land is Your Land, including the rarely sung:

As I was walkin'
Right there in front of me
Was a great big sign,
Said "Private Property"
But on the other side
It didn't say nothin'
'Cause this land was made for you and me.

Oh and speaking of Paul Samuelson, as Barkley has been, he has to be one of the funniest of all economists - a low bar I know. For example, his "algorithm" for solving the Transformation Problem: "Write down Values. Erase. Write down Prices." I think this was the same article where he called Marx "a minor Post-Ricardian." I have to admit, though, when I first read the article, I wasn't laughing. Spitting, more like. Ah, youth!

1 comment:

Barkley Rosser said...

Kevin,

Next you will be telling us about Obama's secret ceremony with that set of imams he secretly reports to and who tell him what to do.